Securus Technologies is an American company with a patriotic agenda. It has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas and it dates from way back when it only had a few offices, and when it was operating as a regular commercial public telecommunications enterprise. The company is ever committed to monitoring products and services in order to make the world a safer place. However, that was not always the case. Its initial primary purpose, at its inception and formation, was to simply connect inmates with their family members and friends. However, most criminals seldom reformed and often pursued their vile and aggressive agenda against other prisoners, prison officials and the public outside. They started sneaking contraband communication gadgets into prisons through conniving, corrupt, technologically upfront or violent means. Smuggling even became so high-tech that contraband phones get delivered into prison yards via drones.
The problem of inmates accessing unregulated communication with the outside world created a lasting and damning opportunity for them to coordinate drug trafficking and violent attacks within and outside prisons. Inmates became more dangerous when incarcerated than when free because prisons became a networking avenue for them. Citing such egregious oversight in security and the looming danger that the situation posed to the general security of Americans, Securus Technology started investing in containing criminal communication via contraband phones within cells and detention centers.
The services were since widened to include helping investigators track down criminals, helping in monitoring criminal activities and containing organized criminal communication for the sake of preventing crimes from happening. The company incorporated data reporting features that are instrumental in allowing staff members of correctional facilities and law enforcement officials to conduct investigations. Now, it vastly covers American and Canadian territories in terms of office space and prison market shares. It invests heavily and continuously in developing technology in an effort to make life more secure for Americans and their Canadian neighbors. By the year 2016, the company had invested over 600 dollars in its projects, and it still had plans of investing more just to make sure that the holding facilities it serves got the best out of its technological services. Some of the key services that Securus Technologies provides in terms of inmate illegal communication containment include:
- Barring all contraband devices within prison facilities from accessing mobile communication networks
- Providing emergency services to the general public, inmates and law enforcement officers,
- Helping in incident management via communication monitoring for preventative prediction,
- Providing the public, through its clientele, with critical cyber crime information,
- Assisting law enforcement officials in conducting inmate related investigations over organized crime,
- Servicing and regulating the communication of inmates within its clientele base through its self-service platforms and,
- Managing data and cyber-security protocols for prisons and other holding facilities.